Thursday, October 11, 2007

Finally, a few pics!


This may not be breaking news to any of you, but I am not exactly the brightest crayon in the box, and somehow I managed to delete all 200 some pictures that I snapped during my first few weeks here in Niger . . . BALLS! Well, incha'allah, I will recover them somehow, but more likely I will just take some new ones . . . as Habsou (my homestay mom) would say, c'est pas grave, I'll be here for a while so I can just take more. As a temporary fix, here is a fun pic I took today at the Ramadan Baazar in Niamey. There are vendors that come from all over West Africa for this big street fair, where the main item (obvi) is PAGNE, the beautiful fabric that varies in style and pattern from country to country. However there were several vendors from Benin (yay Ashley J!) who were selling a wide variety of potions and powders to cure every problem you could think of from hemroids to toothache to, well, just look at the pic! (You might have to click on it to see the little signs.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.