Sunday, December 30, 2007

Happy Holidays!

Hello all,

Sorry for being incommunicado recently! Life in Niger recently has been a whirlwind of holiday festivities and fun times, but this does not mean that I have not been thinking a TON about family and friends at home and all over the world during these past few weeks. Thanks for the holiday wishes, it means a lot to know that people I love are enjoying the holidays together, whether they are at home on beautiful Bainbridge Island, snorkeling in Bali, Indonesia, or hiking in Northern Thailand!

Today I returned from Zinder, where I spent a lovely Christmas holiday. The bus ride from Zinder to Niamey is 14 hrs long on a decent day, and we made it in 13 hrs, so it was a GREAT day! Despite the relatively "short" trip today, I am pretty sleepy, so full-fledged descriptions of the Tabaski and Christmas festivities in which I partook will have to wait.

It really is time to go to bed because in 6 hours I have to get up and get ready to go be a bridesmaid in a fancy Zarma wedding, long story, but undoubtedly photos from this event will appear on the blog!

Love and happy new year to everyone,

Maggie


My homestay sis Ghaicha (she is 12) looking saucy for party time!

No comments: