Monday, April 28, 2008

I'm MELTING!

Hot damn, it is hot in Niger. I know, I know, this hot season isn't as bad as the last one, and yes, it was cloudy yesterday, so the sun wasn't as bad (but then there was humidity). Life is not bad at all, but seriously, the hot season is no joke. My computer may break b/c when I have it plugged in and the power shorts out for the fifth time in one afternoon, I don't think that is so good.

Anyway my brain is fried so here are some pictures instead of stories, hope you enjoy:



Kind of a not attractive photo of me, but voila moi et Alice the other Fulbrighter, with my sweet Chadian henna, taken right before I went to Dakar to see the Fick family



With Ashley, yawning like the hippos on the river...



Cool handmade pots in the Ayerou market NW of Niamey, we watched these pots be made by women on an island in the Niger river near Ayerou



Some fabric (from Mali/Guinea?)and towels (who knows where from) in the Ayerou market



Sunset on the Niger River, I will miss this view. The water level is super low right now b/c it's hot season

No comments: