Thursday, April 24, 2008

Pictures from Diffa/ Eastern Niger



Me and the neighbor baby Mariama; the dude on the left on with his cell is the fiance of Iyayi's seventeen year old daughter



Iyayi at the Sunday meeting




Here's a photo of the women's group I spent time with in Diffa



Honestly, I don't actually like horses, but my peace corps friend Jamie and I are looking happy here because we got to take turns riding our friend Paige's horse instead of walking the whole three hours in the deep hot sand in the middle of the afternoon, in order to get to the town where we got a bush taxi back to Zinder, phew! We even brought portable iPod speakers for the journey!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm flabbergasted, Maggie! The picture of you on that horse or donkey is priceless.

I think I'll get off this computer and brag about my amazing granddaughter!!!!

Love ya',
Grandma Jeannine

Tentaran Upadate said...

Hey admin!! i am very glad to read this article. Thank you so much for sharing with us.
Plz Check Some Best Way To Lose Weight