Saturday, May 3, 2008

Ibrahim, little man of greatness

Ibrahim is a two year old whose family lives across the street from me. I have known his family for a few months because they are cousins of Habsou (my "mom" here), but since moving in with my friends (oh, le nomadisme of la vie à Niamey), I get to see the family pretty much every day. Sometimes they force me to eat meat at 11 am and that is isn't fun, but most of the times we dance or watch a Brazilian soap opera or lay on the outdoor bed when it's hot.

Ibrahim is defintely a highlight of every day for me. If he is outside playing in the dirt and I walk outside he comes running over and kisses me. He is so adorable and I somehow feel that he has something to teach the world that will eventually emerge from his sweet little head. Right now he just gurgles and mutters some Tamashek occasionally, because he's pretty big (huge by Nigerien standards), you might think he could talk, but he is too busy careening around. Everyone gets annoyed with him because he gets so excited that he knocks stuff over a lot, but he rarely cries even if he falls. He just looks mildly surprised.

I asked his mom Fatima if I could put these two photos on my website to show my friends and she said sure. So here is a little happy Saturday treat for you!



I don't know what I am doing, but don't you just love that little face?!



Ibrahim is enjoying his lunch with some cousins visiting from Agadez.

1 comment:

NIGER1.COM said...

How do you stay connected with all these blackout in Niamey